Calling all art lovers!
On April 17, 2021, Autism Edmonton turns 50. That is 50 years of supporting the Autistic individuals and their families, friends and supportive network, impacting the lives of thousands of people in that time.
To celebrate, we want to introduce a limited edition of 50th Anniversary merchandise item. This contest in open to all ages. We want this artwork to represent our community and opening this Artwork Competition to seek your ideas!
Artwork Submission Rules/Info
What is the Contest Deadline?
- Submission deadline: March 12, 2021
- Top 5 designs will be submitted for public voting: March 16, 2021
- Final voting by March 31, 2021
- Public unveiling: April 17, 2021
How to Apply
- Please email your submission to email@example.com.
Artwork Design Selection
- Designs will be judged based on creativity, originality, and overall execution.
- Artwork size should be no larger than 8.5 x 11 (letter paper size).
- Artwork background must be transparent; vector file or scanned artwork on white background.
- Artwork may be used for merchandise of Autism Edmonton’s choosing and it not to be reproduced without consent of the organization.
- Only one version will be produced for sale.
- The design must include an image of the Autism Edmonton logo and reference to the 50th anniversary. Silhouette or other creative way to represent this are acceptable.
- The selected design will be determined by the creativity of the design and how well it incorporates the essence of Autism Edmonton and the organization's impact on the community. The winning design will balance our history with a sense of modernity.
- All artwork submitted becomes property of Autism Edmonton, even the creative pieces that are not selected and is not to be reproduced without consent.
- Submissions will not be returned.
- Autism Edmonton reserves the right to make alterations and edits required to digitize any artwork submission for production.
- This limited anniversary merchandise is a retail item, and the design needs to appeal to a wide demographic.
Can I Submit More Than One Design?
- Yes! You may submit as many designs as you’d like. Each entry/artwork design must be sent in a separate email.
Why Was My Design Rejected / Denied?
- Autism Edmonton reserves the right to reject any image based on the following criteria.
- Not allowed: Trademarked or copyrighted material, images of weapons / violence, images referencing drugs, alcohol or smoking, offensive content, obscenity or hate, contradictory or controversial symbols, including puzzle piece.
What Is in It for You?
- This is a chance to showcase your talent! You will be publicly acknowledged and recognized for your creativity.
- This is a great chance to stay busy during the COVID lockdown.
- You will receive a sample of the merchandise with your artwork as a gift.
You will receive a charitable tax receipt for the net value of the proceeds made from any sales of items barring the artwork.
General Terms & Conditions
By entering the Contest, all entrants agree to be bound by the rules of the contest and release the Contest Organizer (Autism Edmonton) and all parties associated with this Contest from any liability with respect to the contest.
Contest Organizer reserve the right to disqualify any Contestant's entry in the event that any Contestant fail or refuse to comply with these contest rules.
By entering this contest, Contestants and their legal parent(s) or guardian(s) consent to the Contest Organizer publishing or announcing any winners' name and photograph(s), in future publicity, without permission or compensation to the Contestant or any other party. This shall include unlimited reproduction, publication, use and distribution in all forms and media, and in all manners including advertising, trade, display, editorial, art, video production, exhibitions and website content.
If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Organizer, in its sole discretion, the contest is not capable of running as planned or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or other causes beyond its control, Contest Organizer reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest including any method of entry.