Hello friends of Occasio!
As per Alberta Health Guidelines, Occasio will be making its way back out to the community! We will have a mix of events happening at various locations across the city, as well as some site-based activities at Winnifred Stewart.
- PROGRAM DETAILS:
- Occasio is designed for kids and youth on the autism spectrum. The junior group is for children ages 7-12; the teen group is for ages 13-18+ (past program participants can choose which age group to stay with). This respite program is full of awesome activities that offer Autistic kids and youth opportunities to practice independence, gain confidence, make friends and stay active, all while providing parents with respite that they have not had during the social distancing period. Health officials across the country are increasingly emphasizing the benefits of participating in physical activities in a safe and managed environment. Occasio is working to provide an experience that offers just that, within a safe, fun, and controlled environment.
- If you have FSCD or PDD there is a very likely chance we can have your respite fees covered. If you currently do not have any funding, we also have private rates we can offer! Please contact us for more details about respite fees if you have any questions or aren’t sure whether you have funding.
- All activity costs are up to the family to cover. Luckily the many places we travel to give us good rates! We do try to keep most activities under $20 and all our “in house” activities are just a club fee of $5!
- We are planning both indoor and outdoor activities. Participants should be prepared with masks, indoor (non-marking) shoes, snacks, warm clothes, and any other tools they need to be happy and safe in our care.
- HEALTH & SAFETY:
- Our number one priority will always be the safety of our staff and participants. We will be continuing with our strict cleaning procedures and ensuring that individuals are not sharing food.
- As per Alberta Health masks are mandatory. If you child is not comfortable wearing a mask, please let us know, we can always work something out.
- As per Alberta Health as of October 25th anyone over the age of 12th must have proof of double vaccination, or a negative COVID test within 48 hours, or a medical exemption note to participate in many of the community outings. Please read the activity descriptions to know what you will need for each specific activity.
We want your feedback! Take a short confidential survey to help us develop the best program possible.