How Can You Get Involved with Autism Edmonton?
Join our newsletter
1. What is acceptance for you?To recognize (accept) a perceived or real limitation such that it no longer prevents you from moving forward in bringing positive change.
3. Why did you join Autism Edmonton?As Autism Edmonton members, my family has participated in many of its great programs and events. As such, it is a pleasure to participate more fully with this wonderful organization as a board member and to offer my professional and personal experiences in building a stronger community.
1. What is acceptance for you?Acceptance means reasoning or understanding, which could be a base for the next set of goals or objectives.
4. Why did you join Autism Edmonton?What I have done has had a limited impact so far, and I would like to see much bigger impact to our village and beyond. Autism Edmonton is the stage to make this happen.
1. What is acceptance for you?Acceptance is understanding that everyone is different. Different personalities, interests, beliefs, likes and dislikes. We are entitled, and should be encouraged, to be the version of ourselves that makes us feel comfortable and confident, inside and out.
4. Why did you join Autism Edmonton?I worked for many years for an autism program in Winnipeg and when I moved to Edmonton, I changed to a job in a different field of health. I miss the advocacy and feeling like I'm making a direct impact in someone's life.
1. What is acceptance for you?Acceptance to me means total submission to my oneness and uniqueness; therefore everyone else's uniqueness as well. Thereby, creating empathy, sincerity, understanding of every situation & position I find myself in.
4. Why did you join Autism Edmonton?Like many, I was oblivious to what Autism was growing up; even though it was all around me. Since my move to Canada, I have had more reasons to learn more about Autism. Autism Edmonton has great programs and events and in my community, it is not often talked about even though we have family members that would benefit from these programs. I want to learn more for myself and help to bridge that gap so more can gain access to these programs and resources.
1. What is acceptance for you?Acceptance means a person can be themselves without others or systems trying to change or alter them. I think to get to acceptance we have to look at social constructs and systems in place that create barriers, recognize them, and make conscious effort to change these systems.
4. Why did you join Autism Edmonton?I believe in inclusive communities which includes food security, play and social engagement, housing, health, and many other intersections. Autism Edmonton works to provide this for our community members, and I am grateful to be part of it.
1. What is acceptance for you?For me, acceptance means treating all people with empathy and respect, and championing everyone's rights and freedoms to uplift us all.
4. Why did you join Autism Edmonton?Autism Edmonton is such a special organization with wonderful people and a powerful mission, one that I look forward to advancing in partnership with the rest of the board, the leadership team, all of the members and the community.
101, 11720 Kingsway Avenue
Edmonton, AB, T5G 0X5
Treaty 6 Territory
Charitable Registration #
Autism Edmonton is a safe space that welcomes and supports all members of the LGBTQ2S+ community.
The Calgary Residential Rental Association respects the privacy of its members and non-members who use the products, programs or services provided by the Association.
The Association collects business contact information from its members and enters this information into the Association’s database. Non-members who give their permission may have their business contact information entered into the Association’s database.
We will not lease or sell any personal information to third parties. We will not release personal information to anyone who is not employed or contracted by us to provide a service to you, unless required by law.
We will only use this information to serve you better and, with your permission, will send you information
If you prefer not to receive this type of information in the future, just let us know by contacting us and we will take you off the notification and mailing list.
We produce a membership directory that is displayed in the member’s area of our website. This directory is available to any member in electronic format upon request. Members, subject to their permission as indicated on their membership form, have their business contact information, which includes their name, address, phone and fax numbers, listed in this directory. Members who no longer wish to be listed in this directory can contact us and we will remove them from the directory.
If a person chooses to submit an article for publication, we may publish the individual’s name, photo and business contact information.
The Calgary Residential Rental Association may contact an individual for the purpose of obtaining that person’s permission to collect information in order to profile them in an Association publication.
A request that the Association remove your personal or business contact information from the Association’s data base or website must be made in writing with proof of delivery to the Association (that could be via fax with confirmation, or a read receipt in email, etc).
Website – crra.ca
Due to the nature of the Internet, we are currently receiving certain technical information about your visit to crra.ca. This information does not identify you personally.
For all visitors to crra.ca
During your visit to crra.ca, our site notes:
None of the data we collect in this way contains any personal information about you.
We use this information for statistical purposes and to help us provide the best possible website presentation to our visitors.
For visitors who volunteer information via our on-line Membership and Registrations forms
Along with the information gathered as described previously in the section titled “For all visitors to crra.ca,” we also receive any information you may enter via this website’s voluntary on-line forms. We use the information gathered from the on-line form you submit to us to process your registration or membership application.
We treat what we learn about our Visitors as confidential and we do not sell, lease or provide this information to any other company, person or agency unless required by law.
For visitors who contact us via email
If you choose to contact the Calgary Residential Rental Association by electronic mail, the information you send to us will be used only for the purposes described in your message. Due to the nature of the Internet and the World Wide Web, we cannot assure the security of information transmitted over the internet by electronic mail.
Please be advised that using electronic mail is less secure than using the registration and membership forms found on the Calgary Residential Rental Association website.
If you are concerned about sending personal information such as your credit card number or your home phone number and address over the Internet via email, we suggest that you send the information to the
Calgary Residential Rental Association by using our secure on line registration or membership forms; or by using fax or regular mail; or by contacting the Calgary Residential Rental Association by telephone.
For website and privacy security purposes, and to ensure that this website remains available to all users, crra.ca employs software programs to monitor network traffic and identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
If you have questions or concerns about this policy or any issues relating to the privacy of your own personal information with regards to this policy, contact:
Calgary Residential Rental Association
4653 Macleod Trail SW
Calgary AB T2G 0A6